Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 is the final update to Oracle Solaris 10. It's currently in Extended Support.
Noteworthy Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 Enhancements:
- Support for new hardware and devices.
- The Oracle Solaris Zones Preflight System Checker is included to help identify issues when migrating an Oracle Solaris 10 system to a zone on Oracle Solaris 10 or Oracle Solaris 11.
- The Oracle Solaris Live Upgrade Preflight Checker is a new utility which can be run prior to performing a Live Upgrade operation. The Checker will highlight common issues prior to attempting to use Live Upgrade.
- The Oracle Solaris installer now supports installing from an iSCSI target. This makes it much more straightforward to provision an iSCSI-based system than through previous releases. To provide protection against inadvertent access and potential corruption of data, CHAP authentication is provided.
- Transfer speeds rates have been improved for SSH, SCP, and SFTP in moderate (50ms) to high latency environments. Oracle testing shows scp transfer times of Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 are 1/8 the times of a similarly configured Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 system for multi-megabyte file transfers.
See the Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 What's New for details about these and other new features and hardware support enhancements.
For optimum performance with the latest software and hardware from Oracle, consider deploying Oracle Solaris 11 instead of 10. Oracle Solaris 11 offers the latest innovations for efficiently deploying public, private and hybrid cloud environments, helping simplify administrative maintenance, sharing resources, and managing systems at scale.