Unable to Locate CRU Information
Customers can obtain CRU Remove and Replace (R&R) instructions in the following ways:
- If the products uses Common Array manager (CAM), the CRU documentation are available via the CAM Service Advisor.
- Some products have CRU R&R documentation shipped within the CRU box or attached to the product.
- Search the http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/documentation/index.html or search the product Sun System Handbook (SSH) for additional details. SSH denotes which part is a CRU or a FRU by the [F] or [C] following the spare part number. The FRU or CRU designation can be found by selecting the product of interest, then the 'Full Component List' link under that product.
CAM Service Advisor
The following are instructions to access the Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager Service Advisor when replacing customer replaceable unit (CRU) components in Sun Storage products.
To access Service Advisor:
- Log in to Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager (CAM) which is accessed on the customer's host system, not on any website.
cam-management-host is the IP address or the host name of where you installed the CAM software.
- Enter a storage user name and password, and then click Log In.
- From the Java Web Console page, select Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager.
- From the Storage System Summary page, click the name of the array you want to service.
- At the top right of the page, click Service Advisor.
The Service Advisor opens in a new window.
- Expand the Removal/Replacement procedure for the component you want to replace, and select the failed component.
The corresponding procedure is displayed in the right pane.
- Follow each step and observe all safety notices.
- When you complete the procedure, release the control module from maintenance as described in Service Advisor.